A place for projects

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Party Time!

I went back to my parents' house a few weeks ago with my kids. My mom and dad had a wedding to go to, and my mom wanted to make personalized gifts for the couple. Now, it's not a big secret that I have inherited the procrastination trait from my mom, but it was definitely confirmed that weekend! It was late Friday night when we got there, so we basically went straight to bed and then got up Saturday morning to begin working. The first thing she wanted to do was decorate a tub she had bought from Target. The bride and groom are big Iowa State fans, so we found vinyl as close to ISU colors as we could. (One of the great perks of having a brother that works at a vinyl sign company!) I really like how it turned out. The biggest challenge, and something I need to figure out, is working with the large curved surface. I know there is a way to manipulate the wording so that when you apply it to the curved part, it will appear straight. (It really didn't look bad, but I could tell that the ends were a little higher than the middle.)


This is a close up of the layering of the saying. Definitely the biggest layering project I have worked on, but love how it turned out!


We also etched glass wine glasses, water pitcher, and luncheon plates. Remember how I mentioned the procrastination part? We (okay, I) waited too long to start that part of the project and by the time they were finished, it was time for my parents to take off. I didn't get any pictures of those items. : (  

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment